The Firefighters Charity Fund (FFCF) has negotiated a special rate for the recycling of Car Lead Acid Batteries with Sims Metal and set up an account with them, which will provide a direct bank deposit to the Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb and our beneficiaries.
Here’s the process:
- No need to drain batteries
- Transport in an open vehicle, ute or trailer
- At the Sims weigh bridge give the FFCF’s Account Code FIR 005
- Proceed as directed to unload
- Weigh out at cashier station
- Ensure cashier notes your name on the receipt ie “delivered by”
- Take a photo on your phone of the receipt and send it to email@example.com or 0438 734 634 so it can be credited to your fundraising total.
If you have any problems contact FFCF’s Mick Whitty 0400 677 476
Our account is only valid in Victoria. If you need an account set up in another state please contact Mick.
If you would like to recycle other metals eg steel, copper you can do so via the same process and Account Code
The ATO treats this as a sale between the Charity Fund and Sims Metal, who have been provided with our ABN and business details. As such no tax receipt (usable for a tax deduction) for your donation of batteries can be issued – sorry!