The Firefighters Charity Fund (FFCF) has negotiated VERY special rates for the recycling of Car Lead Acid Batteries with various metal recyclers and set up accounts with them, which will provide a direct bank deposit to the Melbourne Firefighter Stair Climb and our beneficiaries.
Here’s the process:
- No need to drain batteries
- Transport in an open vehicle, ute or trailer
- At the Sims weigh bridge state that the account is for “Firefighters Charity Fund” (at Sims use the account code FIR 005)
- Proceed as directed to unload
- Weigh out at cashier station
- Ensure cashier notes your name on the receipt i.e. “delivered by”
- Take a photo of the receipt with your phone and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 734 634 so it can be credited to your fundraising total
If you have any problems contact FFCF’s Mick Whitty 0400 677 476
Our accounts are only valid in Victoria. If you need an account set up in another state please contact Mick.
If you would like to recycle other metals e.g. steel or copper, you can do so via the same process and accounts.
The ATO treats this as a sale between the Charity Fund and the recycler, who have been provided with our ABN and business details. As such no tax receipt (usable for a tax deduction) for your donation of batteries can be issued – sorry!
Ranked 1, 2 & 3 according to the rate offered.