The Metropolitan Fire Brigade Charity Running Club (MFB CRC) was established over 40 years ago. Its members love to combine their fitness with genuine desire to help others. Over the years it has organised many runs and events raising funds and awareness for charities, including:
- Two non-stop relay runs around Australia, one of which still holds the world record for the longest non-stop relay.
- Two Melbourne to Canberra Charity Runs, one of which benefited the family of ACT Firefighter David Balfour, who died during Black Saturday fires in 2009.
- In 2008, ran from Gallipoli to London via Australia’s various fields of battle.
- In 2010, in honour of 9/11 ran across the USA between Los Angeles and New York.
- completed The “Run for a Safe Climate” between Cairns and Melbourne in 2011.
- Organised the Stair Climb event at the 2014 Australasian Police and Emergency Services Games held at the Rialto Towers, Melbourne.
The MFB CRC is a proud supporter of the event.